Our vision for ParaCheer International is to establish ParaCheer as a recognised division within cheerleading sport and to then develop as the international governing body for that part of the sport. We have achieved our goal of having ParaCheer divisions at the ICU World Championships, but we also want to see these divisions in local and national competitions all over the world. As ParaCheer develops over time, our purpose and the roles of those within the organisation will change, but at the current time our focus is on the following activities:
- Represent ParaCheer within SportCheerGB and assist all UK National ParaCheer teams with best practice guidelines, adaptation support and team management.
- Run cheerleading workshops and classes for integrated groups of disabled and non-disabled people.
- Create rules and best practice guidelines for cheerleading event organisers to manage and judge Paracheer divisions (competitive divisions for integrated teams) in cheerleading competitions.
- Create and run coaches training events to help cheerleading coaches feel confident teaching disabled people.
- Promote to the cheerleading community the benefits of integration and disabled people’s participation in the sport.
- Assist disabled people who wish to become cheerleaders, or disabled people already cheerleading, in finding disability friendly teams and coaches.